Our Summer School programmes offer a unique student experience. During one of our Summer Schools, you can expect to:
- Study the subject of your choice
- Develop your key skills
- Spend time with current Lancaster University students
- Become part of our collegiate system
- Meet new friends
- Enjoy social activities
Once again, this year we will be offering a range of exciting Summer School opportunities for Year 12 students to participate in. Our Summer Schools allow you to get ahead in preparation for your University applications, and are an ideal way to step into learning beyond school. We ensure that groups are kept small and that we bring together like-minded students with subject leaders and current students.
Our programme aims to provide you with a full insight into life at Lancaster University, balancing skills development and experience of undergraduate level study with social and leisure activities. You will also gain expert information, advice and guidance about the options available to you at University.
Places on our Summer Schools are available to those students who meet one or more of our Widening Participation criteria:
- Neither of my parents went to University, except as a mature student.
- I am in care, or a care leaver, looked after by someone other than my parents.
- I receive, or am entitled to, a free school meal not paid for by my family.
- I receive the 16-19 bursary.
- I have a disability.
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01524 595104