Students say Lancaster University is the top place in the UK to study Physical Geography and Environmental Science.
The Lancaster Environment Centre topped the 2014 National Student Survey for these subjects, with 100% of the 44 participating students being satisfied with their course, compared to 90% for the subjects nationally.
Students were particularly impressed with the intellectually challenging content of the courses, the enthusiasm and friendliness of the teaching staff, and the field work opportunities on offer.
“We have really smart students who are taught by talented staff in the lecture theatre, field and laboratory. An undergraduate degree from the Environment Centre at Lancaster University is an excellent starting point for any career,” says Dr Jennie Gilbert, Associate Director for Undergraduate Delivery
National Student Survey comments from students included:
“World-renowned staff, everyone knows their subject back to front and backwards. The opportunities for internships and work placements are amazing ...”
“There has been a real impetus on relating the course content to 'real world' problems with lots of practical sessions adding to the learning.”
Parrticipating students came from the following courses:
- BSc Hons Physical Geography
- BSc Hons Physical Geography (Australasia)
- BSc Hons Earth and Environmental Science
- BSc Hons Earth and Environmental Science (Study Abroad)
- BSc Hons Environmental Chemistry
- BSc Hons Environmental Chemistry (Study Abroad)
- BSc Hons Environmental Science
- BSc Hons Environmental Science (Study Abroad)
- BSc Hons Earth Science with Geography
- BSc Hons Earth Science with Geography (Study Abroad)
- MChem Hons Environmental Chemistry