A world wide reputation, amazing field trips and satisfied students are just a few of the benefits of studying at the Lancaster Environment Centre
Our mission at the Lancaster Environment Centre is to improve understanding of the world’s most significant environmental challenges and to help find solutions.
That means providing the next generation with high quality learning so that our students can go on to satisfying and successful careers and are able to help society respond to these challenges.
Here’s some of the ways this happens.
1) The staff who teach you are involved in research that changes the world. Lancaster Environment Centre is ranked third in the UK for the impact its research has on the world about us, according to the 2015 Research Excellence Framework.
2) We have a world wide reputation - we’ve been ranked 37th in the world for Geography, and in the top 100 for Environmental Science, according to the latest QS World University Rankings.
3) Our atmosphere is both friendly and intellectually challenging. Our students say we are one of the best places to study in the UK: in the 2015 National Students Survey 97% of our physical geography and environmental science students said they were satisfied with the teaching on their course, and 95% of our biology and ecology students said the same.
5) We provide students with opportunities to gain real world experience. We have our own Enterprise and Business Partnerships team who can help you to secure placements, internships and business-led projects for your dissertation. We’ve just won an Impact Award for our work in this area.
5) Our brilliant field trips give you the chance to turn classroom learning into practice and to make deeper friendships at the same time. We make good use of the varied environments on our doorstep, and also travel to some of the most fascinating and diverse locations on the planet including the Brazilian Amazon, New York, Iceland, Tunisia, Southern Spain and Croatia. If you want to spend longer abroad, you can do so through our Study Abroad and Erasmus schemes.