STOR-i internships offer a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to experience and learn how Statistics and Operational Research can tackle challenging, real-life practical problems.
The internships are aimed at giving an insight into what a PhD in Statistics and OR is really like, and are open to students interested in the possibility of undertaking a PhD. The scheme is aimed at UK and EU students about to enter their final year of undergraduate study and aiming to achieve a strong 2:1 or 1st class degree in a subject containing a large quantitative element - this includes, for example, mathematics, statistics, physics and engineering.
Internships run for 8 weeks over the summer vacation, from 13th July 2020 until 4th September 2020, during which you will engage in research with leading academics from STOR at Lancaster University. As a STOR-i intern you will join other high-calibre undergraduate students studying in a vibrant research environment plus you will be supported by a bursary of £300 per week.
Benefits of the internship programme
As a STOR-i intern you will be joining other high-calibre undergraduate students studying in the vibrant research environment at Lancaster University. Some of the key benefits of being a STOR-i intern include:
• Experience how mathematical ideas solve important practical problems.
• Learn how to apply quantitative skills to important practical problems.
• Gain a valuable insight into what it would be like to do a PhD.
• Develop practical skills to enable you to excel in your studies and beyond.
• £300 bursary each week for all 8 weeks of the internship.
* We regret that we will not be able to consider applications from overseas (non-EU) students. This includes overseas students currently studying in the UK.
For further information, please see our website.
How to apply
To apply, please send the following information in an email to STOR-Internships@lancaster.ac.uk:
· Cover letter explaining why you wish to do an internship;
· Copy of your degree courses and marks to date.
Please note that there are two rounds for internships applications:
Round 1: The application deadline is Friday 16th January with interviews on Tuesday 28th January
Round 2: The application deadline is Friday 21st February with interviews on Tuesday 3rd MarchBack to News