Lancaster's distinctive approach to undergraduate language degrees gives you the opportunity to acquire both high-level language skills and a thorough understanding of European cultures and societies within a global context.
- Our students are in demand: French is ranked Number 1 in the UK for graduate prospects, German is ranked Number 2 and Spanish Number 5 according to the Times Good University Guide 2018.
- We offer over forty degree combinations and a dynamic and stimulating environment for study.
- As well as supporting students with a language at advanced level, DeLC at Lancaster has a proven record in teaching a language to students who are taking it up (often as an additional language) for the first time.
- We promote a global understanding of languages and cultures with courses that study themes across a number of countries.
- Our relative size means we offer real and productive contact between students and staff.
You can read more about our department and our degree courses in our Undergraduate booklet.
The Resource Centre is your space for making the most out of your studies while you are with us.
The Centre offers a bright, comfortable environment for catching up on some language exercises, reading the week’s foreign-language news, watching a foreign film or TV programme, browsing our extensive selection of books, carrying out group work, photocopying, scanning, and logging on to one of the many language-learning sites. The Centre is fully Wi-Fi compatible. Read more about the Resource Centre.