Lancashire Forum is for directors and managers of Lancashire-based SMEs with real growth ambition. Over six months, you will learn the business development skills and tools needed to drive your business forward, form a trusted network of like-minded SMEs and gain access to talks from inspirational experts.
- The programme begins with an Overnight Experiential (OE) which is a two-day (one-night) event held at a Lancashire hotel. The OE features different management and leadership exercises, focused discussions, individual and group reflection and introduces the peer-to-peer learning process which runs throughout the programme.
- Over the following five months, you will take part in a series of interactive one day workshops which will cover topics such as: innovation and creativity, business strategy, employee engagement, business finance and branding.
- An access all areas company visit to a regional large business to learn best practice from their processes, strategy and experiences.
- You will also have access to Masterclasses with world-class speakers. Masterclasses provide the opportunity for you to come together with your fellow delegates and learn from inspiring and engaging speakers. They are not intended to teach you — rather the idea is that they stimulate, inspire and challenge you to consider how the subject matter relates to you and your business.
- Lancashire Forum is based on a blended-learning model – incorporating a variety of learning styles and opportunities to deliver maximum learning and benefit for delegates.
- Each cohort brings together a trusted group of business leaders with different skills, knowledge and expertise, with one common goal - to grow their business
- This trusted peer network becomes a valuable resource for gaining alternative insight, challenging ideas and preconceptions and formulating strong and resilient strategies. Previous delegates have described the peer network as having significant impact on their business.
- Gain exclusive invites to a calendar of business events and receive insight and inspiration from world class speakers
- The programme provides a platform for business leaders to spend time actively working on the business away from day-to-day distractions
- Learn from leading academics at Lancaster University Management School, which is typically ranked in the UK's top ten and among the world's top 100 business schools.
- Access to student consultancy projects - an opportunity for a group of MBA or undergraduate students to work on a specific area of the busines
Next Start Date
- 4 October 2017
This is a fully-funded programme and is available to eligible European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) companies. To meet this criteria, your business should be:
- Based in Lancashire
- Trades business to business
- Employ fewer than 250 full-time employees
- Has an annual turnover less than £40 million
- Has received less than £160,000 of publicly funded support in the last 3 years
Lancashire Forum is delivered as part of Boost Business Lancashire, Lancashire’s Business Growth Hub.
Learn More & Apply
We're always happy to talk about how the Lancashire Forum could benefit you. Please get in touch with us:
Speak to our Business Liaison Officer Pete Cornwall on 01524 510728 or,