What Will You Study
The Lancaster MBA (Executive) programme is designed to build your functional knowledge and your leadership capability through a combination of taught modules in key management areas interspersed with experiential projects, or challenges, where you apply that knowledge to specific business issues. These are complemented by action oriented coursework assignments in your organisation.
The programme brings employers, participants, and faculty together in partnership to deliver maximum benefits to both individual and organisation, and is popular with sponsoring organisations including: BAE Systems, London Underground, EDF, Helsinki Energy, Local Government, NDA, NHS Trusts, Otis, Oxley Developments, Peel Ports, Rank Group, and Vestas. There is also considerable portability of learning for those seeking to use the programme as a springboard for career advancement.
The taught modules are grouped into three key themes or perspectives:
- The Strategic Perspective – the ‘big picture’ of where the organisation is and wants to go
- The Relational Perspective – the ‘soft skills’ and people management aspects of leadership practice
- The Practice Perspective – the practical aspects of leading and managing the various business functions
Running throughout the programme as integrating threads are two of Lancaster's most distinctive modules, designed to shape your practice as a manager and build your awareness of the wider context in which businesses operate:
The Mindful Manager centres on your personal development and develops your capacity to engage productively and thoughtfully with others.
The Practice of Leadership focuses on both your understanding of leadership and the development of your personal practice in this vital area..
- Introduction Workshop
- Strategic Management for the Economic Environment
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Applied Marketing for Managers
- Managing Strategic Change
- Strategic Operations Management
- Strategic HRM and Organisational Behaviour
- Information Technology for Effective Management
- The Practice of Leadership
- Responsible Management for a Global Society
- The Mindful Manager
- Business Development Challenge
- Consultancy Challenge
- Applied Research Challenge Dissertation
Students can broaden their expertise through electives. Since the electives are conducted with the full-time and global programmes, these also offer a valuable opportunity for participants to widen their cultural horizons and broaden their network. A wide range of electives are available, including an overseas elective. Please see our website for further details.