Our Computer Science programmes provide a broad, rigorous treatment of the fundamental principles of the discipline, combined with their modern day application.
Known as an ‘integrated Masters programme’, our MSci Computer Science with Industrial Experience degree provides you with a unique blend of academic content, professional development and industrial experience. This four-year course includes ten weeks of organised, integrated placements and a dedicated eight-week industry project incorporated into the final year of your academic study.
You begin your degree studying a range of subjects, including Software Development, Information Systems and Digital Systems. In your second year, you follow several core subjects including Databases, Human Computer Interaction and Software Design. If you follow our Study Abroad programme, you’ll complete your second year at one of our leading partner institutions in Europe, the USA, Canada or Australia.
Your third year courses include Distributed Systems, Languages and Compilation and a selection of optional modules. You will also undertake an individual final year project with one-on-one supervision from one of our internationally recognised academic staff.
- Computer Science : BSc Hons
- Computer Science Innovation : BSc Hons / MSci Hons
- Computer Science (Study Abroad) : BSc Hons
- Computer Science (with Industrial Experience) : MSci Hons
- Software Engineering (with Industrial Experience) : MSci
- Software Engineering : BSc Hons
- Computer Science and Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Computer Science and Mathematics : MSci Hons
- IT for Creative Industries : BSc Hons
- IT for Creative Industries (with Industrial Experience) : MSci Hons
- Management and Information Technology (4 years including placement) : BSc Hons
- French Studies and Computing : BSc Hons
- German Studies and Computing : BSc Hons
- Spanish Studies and Computing : BSc Hons
- Communication Systems and Electronics : BEng Hons
- Communication Systems and Electronics (with Industrial Experience) : MEng Hons
- Computer Systems Engineering : BEng Hons
- Computer Systems Engineering : MEng Hons
- Accounting, Finance and Computer Science : BSc Hons