Theoretical physicists devote themselves to uncovering the most appropriate mathematical laws for deducing the essence of physical phenomena.
Lancaster's Theoretical Physics course concentrates on some of the more fundamental and mathematical aspects of Physics and is designed to help you develop analytical skills appropriate for solving a wide range of theoretical Physics problems.
In addition to the core first year Physics courses on Quantum Physics and Electromagnetism, you will study a range of topics in the following year, including Further Classical Mechanics, Classical Field Theory and Further Quantum Mechanics. In the final year of this three-year BSc degree scheme, you will complete an extended research project alongside subjects such as Particle Physics and Atomic and Nuclear Physics.
- Physics : BSc Hons
- Physics : MPhys Hons
- Physics / North America : MPhys Hons
- Theoretical Physics : MPhys Hons
- Theoretical Physics : BSc Hons
- Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology : BSc Hons
- Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology : MPhys Hons
- Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology : MPhys Hons
- Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology : BSc Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics : MSci Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics (North America) : MSci
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics : BSc Hons