Quite possibly the most astonishing aspect of the world around us is that so much of it can be understood by using a relatively small number of physical laws. Theoretical physicists devote themselves to uncovering most appropriate mathematical laws for deducing the essence of physical phenomena on all scales, from the quantum world of microscopic matter and nanomaterials to the geometry of curved spacetime and the large-scale structure of the cosmos.
The core curriculum includes subjects such as Quantum Physics and Electromagnetism in your first year, Quantum Mechanics and Relativity in your second year, and Particle Physics, Atomic Physics and Condensed Matter Physics in your third year. In addition, in years two and three you take specialised courses on quantum theory, electromagnetism, condensed matter physics, gravitation and cosmology, and elementary particle physics. You also have a choice of options such as Quantum Information and Advanced Gravity and Relativity.
- Physics : BSc Hons
- Physics : MPhys Hons
- Physics (Study Abroad) : MPhys Hons
- Theoretical Physics : MPhys Hons
- Theoretical Physics : BSc Hons
- Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology : BSc Hons
- Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology : MPhys Hons
- Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology : MPhys Hons
- Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology : BSc Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics : MSci Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics (Study Abroad) : MSci Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics : BSc Hons