Access highly-proficient student talent
Taking on a student to work on a specific project for your organisation helps bring in fresh energy and impetus, and a brand new skillset.
Our studentships place the right candidates on the right projects and can help drive forward important developments for your organisation - while giving them invaluable experience of the workplace.
Check out some of the studentship opportunities below.
Data Science Institute - A multi-disciplinary approach to Big Data
The Lancaster University Data Science Programme combines interdisciplinary teaching from four world-leading departments.
Collaborating businesses will benefit from expertise from the Lancaster University Management School, Lancaster Environment Centre, the Department of Mathematics and Statistics and the School of Computing and Communications through one unique programme.
Each project will be undertaken by an appropriately skilled graduate with a background in advanced statistical modelling, computing or environmental applications. Each graduate will be supported by a named academic.
- Investigative and analytical expertise in processing data and in the extraction of meaning from complex datasets
- Techniques for the storage and processing of diverse datasets
- Approaches to interpreting and integrating information from heterogeneous data sets using methods such as natural language processing, anomaly detection and computational analytics, statistical forensic approaches
- Understanding the psychological correlation between the recorded action and the human and/or social behaviour
By taking on a student through the Lancaster University Cyber Security Programme you will benefit from expertise from the School of Computing and Communications, Psychology, Law, Social Science, Politics and Philosophy and the Management School.
Each project will be carried out by a graduate with high-level skills in cyber security management, cyber resilience, infrastructure protection and cyber behaviours. Each graduate will be supported by a named academic.
What expertise is on offer?
- Security of large-scale networks
- Security of cyber-physical systems and critical national infrastructures
- New forms of privacy and identity
- Cyber security behaviours
- Threat intelligence and cyber analytics
- Cyber security risk management
- Management School – MSc Management
Lancaster Management School studentships - postgraduate and undergraduate
Get in touch to access student talent who can assist with a wide range of business projects.
Student assistance available to your organisation includes:
- Strategy, operations, business planning
- Market research and marketing analytics
- People, culture and HR
- IT change and e-Business
- Project management tools and techniques
- Statistics, logistics, forecasting
Our projects take place throughout the year:
- June to July - master's projects
- November to March - undergraduate projects
- Spring - HR projects
Arts and social science studentships
Our humanities students bring a wide range of skillsets and can help your business across various projects.
These are the skills on offer:Arts and social science studentships