IT services and support at Lancaster University are developed and managed by the Information Systems Services (ISS) department within Professional Services.
ISS provides a wide range of IT services to students and staff, including:
- High-speed wired network in teaching spaces, offices and student residences on campus.
- Wi-Fi connectivity across campus, including in student residences.
- News, information and resources through our Student Portal and Staff Intranet.
- Email, Microsoft Office applications, online messaging and meeting services, file storage and more using Office 365.
- Mobile access to services using the iLancaster app.
- Online teaching and learning module spaces in Moodle.
- Teaching space technology that includes options for lecture capture in theatres and screen sharing in seminar rooms.
- Computers for students to use, in the Library and in PC Labs across campus.
- A wide range of site licensed software, with many applications available online on specific devices.
- Networked printing facilities.
For research staff and postgraduate students a range of specialist services is provided, including high-end computing.