Standing at the entrance to campus, The Ruskin is one of Lancaster University’s most distinctive landmarks.
The building is the work of Sir Richard MacCormac CBE, PPRIBA, FRSA, RA (1938 – 2014), whose design conveys aspects of Ruskin’s lifelong interest in the city of Venice.
The Ruskin was opened to the public by HRH Princess Alexandra in 1998.
Find out more by watching Sir Richard MacCormac's talk below.
Image: The Ruskin (Photo: Gordon Sutcliffe)