Postgraduate Graduation - Guest Information
We look forward to welcoming you to Lancaster University for graduation day.
All ceremonies take place in the Great Hall of the University on Wednesday 11 December 2013. You can find out when the ceremonies take place by viewing the graduation day timetable.
We also run live screenings of each ceremony in a nearby venue if you do not have a ticket to attend the ceremony in the Hall.
- The graduate you are accompanying will request guest tickets on your behalf.
- We guarantee two guest tickets to every graduate who books to attend their ceremony and requests their guest tickets by the deadline of 3rd November 2013. Find out more about our guest ticket policy.
- Graduates will receive their guest tickets in the post in early December if they have UK home address. Graduates with overseas addresses will be able to collect their tickets from the Ceremonies Team, in advance, or from the Great Hall Ticket Office on the day of their ceremony./li>
- Find out more about what our graduates have to do to get ready for graduation.
- Live screenings of ceremonies : If you don't have a ticket to the ceremony but would still like to join us on the day, you can watch the ceremony live on big screens in a nearby venue where the atmosphere is informal and celebratory and no tickets are required. This venue is staffed and fully accessible with degree day programmes available on request.
Your timings for the day
- Please aim to arrive on campus two hours before the start of the ceremony. More on arrival by car and graduation parking and travelling to Lancaster from the UK and overseas.
- Please arrive at the Great Hall one hour before the ceremony. The graduating student you are accompanying will go to their lining up venue and you will be ushered to your seat.
- Please ensure that you are seated no later than 30 minutes before the start of your ceremony. If you arrive late we may reallocate your seat.
- About 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony, the graduate procession will enter the Hall.
- The entrance of the academic procession formally opens the ceremony which will last about an hour.
- If you are bringing children who may not be able to sit quietly, please be prepared to leave the auditorium if they become restless.
- We do permit guests to take photographs during the ceremony but please do not obstruct the view of those around you in doing so and remain seated at all times.
- Video cameras are not permitted in the Hall.
Remembering your day – Photography, DVDs
- Photography - Folio, the University’s official photography supplier, offer professional portrait photography for graduates and their families. Studios open between 8.30am and 7pm.
- DVDs - Lancaster’s ceremonies are professionally recorded and you can purchase a DVD or Blu-Ray of your ceremony either on the day or online afterwards.
- Alumni - At the Alumni Information Stand you can find out more about our community of 100,000 Lancaster graduates, representing 150 different countries.