Year 12 Biology Experience Days
Biology teaching staff and year 12 pupils are invited to attend one of our Biology Experience Days on 24th, 25th or 26th June 2014. The day will provide pupils with hands-on experience of Biological Sciences at Lancaster, and provide networking opportunities for staff, within our cutting-edge research environment.
- Refresher sessions for staff and launch of a brand new “Teacher Hub” to connect Biology teachers with Lancaster University experts and resources for increased pupil engagement with biology.
- Hands on lab experience for pupils with curriculum relevant practical sessions directly supported by Lancaster Biological Sciences staff and post-graduate Biologists.
- An introduction to the Biological Sciences research environment at Lancaster with a lunchtime mini conference of posters and short seminars.
- Insights into career opportunities in Biology.
- Tours of facilities and equipment to see labs and state of the art equipment.
Biology topics to be covered on the day include biomedical sciences, ecology, environmental biology, genetics and plant biology. Lunch will be provided free for all staff and students. Limited spaces are available and will be provided on a first come first served basis.
For further details, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org