Designed for Manufacturing and Engineering SMEs
Attend a programme preview session
A twelve-month programme in partnership with three world class manufacturers;BAE Systems, Siemens and Rolls Royce, designed to support and invest in the manufacturers of tomorrow. Gain access to the latest techniques, thinking and research to transform your productivity and working practices.
The programme is based on the insights, guidance and funding of industry leaders, with the support of significant partners: LEP, Lancaster University and the Northwest Aerospace Alliance.
This programme begins with a two day overnight event to establish a peer network group which is fundamental to ongoing development. Following this delegates will spend 2-3 non consecutive days away from the business per month during which they will experience:
- Workshops and masterclasses to stimulate and challenge
- Unparalleled access to world class manufacturing organisations and the leaders that have transformed the workplace
- Coaching from a highly experienced manager in a world class organisation
- Action learning sets to address business issues in a facilitated, confidential group setting
- Shadowing and exchanges within peer organisations to give fresh insights
- Benchmarking against peers and action planning for the future
- Online forums to share, discuss and assess resources
The programme will be delivered primarily from the Academy for Skills and Knowledge (BAE Systems, Samlesbury, Preston), with some activity at Lancaster University Management School plus visits to world class manufacturing environments.
- Empower and engage front line staﬀ leading to better usage of skills and abilities - transforming management practice, developing leadership skills and adopting modern work practices delivered through a unique experiential learning programme.
- Develop a support network with other SME owner/ managers – collaborating with like-minded peers to build a more productive future together.
- Exposure to world class manufacturing environments – enabling you to formulate high-performance workplace strategies. Benchmark against best in class organisations and develop a measurable action plan for continuous improvement.
- Enhanced productivity and growth for businesses
- Creation of an open organisational culture that is positive, supportive and conducive to innovation and change develops business growth
This programme has received significant investment from the industrial partners, both in its design and finance. As a result the subsidised cost of this programme is £2,500 per delegate.
Join us at a programme preview session
- 20th September, Lancaster House Hotel. Includes Masterclass with Juergen Maier, Chief Executive Oﬃcer, Siemens UK
- 28th September, BAE Systems Samlesbury. Includes tour of facility
- 10th October, Abbey House Hotel, Barrow. Includes talk by Mike Henry, Head of Operations, Siemens Subsea
- 25th October, Lancaster University. Includes Productivity Panel discussion with leading industry experts, academics and regional SMEs.
Learn More and Apply
We're always happy to talk about how the PTP programme could benefit you. Please get in touch with us find out more and register your interest.