What Will You Study
The overall aim of this MSc is to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to work within the IT security profession. It takes advantage of Lancaster having recently been awarded the highly prestigious status of an EPSRC-GCHQ Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research, and combines advanced technical skills with disciplines such as Economics, Risk Management, Psychology and Social Science. Its strength and uniqueness lies in its multidisciplinary nature, merging expertise from across Lancaster’s faculties to educate the next generation of security specialists.
The technical modules within the degree offer the skills and knowledge required to enable students to obtain the industrially recognised professional qualifications of CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) and CHFI (Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator).
- Information System Security Management
- Information System Penetration and Countermeasures
- Information System Forensic Investigation
- Information System Risk Management
- Introduction to Law for Cyber Security Specialists
- Network and System Security
- Security and Conflict in the Digital Age
- A Research or Industrially Focused Dissertation