What Will You Study
This unique Masters combines world-leading interdisciplinary teaching and industrial experience to develop your skills in this emerging field. Developed in conjunction with our industry partners and combining elements of statistics, data mining, environmental science and computer science, there is a range of core and optional modules providing the skills needed to shape your career.
We offer specialisms in:
- Statistical Inference with a further Business Intelligence Pathway
- MSc Data Science for the Environment – this includes the same core modules as the Data Science MSc but with optional modules pertaining to the application of Data Science to environmental issues.
What really makes this Masters unique is the paid internship with one of our industry partners where you will conduct a substantial business project over a 12 week period. Students have worked for Fujitsu, SkyBet, AstraZeneca and more.
Not only that, our industrial partners also provide technology workshops and coaching, guest speakers, and hackathons.
Data Scientists are in demand and we have already launched the careers of over 70 students in the last 2 years. The potential impact for 'big data' is vast. It has the capacity to transform every business sector and scientific discipline. You will be well qualified to pursue a wide range of career options including:
- Data Scientists within companies or government agencies
- Academic research in Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Data Analysts
- Data Technologies Specialist
- Further study for a PhD