What Will You Study
This programme is designed for students who wish to gain a general academic qualification in law at postgraduate level.
This scheme offers two optional pathways, the programme of which will be confirmed by the student at registration:
- Studying five modules with a 20,000 word dissertation
- Studying six modules with a 15,000 word dissertation
You will study a range of modules as part of your course, some examples of which are listed below.
- Contracts and Companies
- Conflicts of Law in Business Relations
- Corporate Governance
- Corporations in International Business Law
- International Environmental Law
- European and International Competition Law
- European Union Law
- LLM Gender, Sexualities and Human Rights
- Independent Research Module
- International Business Law and Institutions
- Environmental Law
- International Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Family Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Terrorism and the Law
- Insolvency Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law and Global Health
- The Law of International Organisations and Institutions
- The Rights of Peoples
- The right to adequate food as a human right
- Transitional Justice, Human Rights and Peacebuilding
Information contained on the website with respect to modules is correct at the time of publication, but changes may be necessary, for example as a result of student feedback, Professional Statutory and Regulatory Bodies' (PSRB) requirements, staff changes, and new research.
Duration: 12 months, full-time; 24 months, part-time
Entry requirements: A good second class honours degree, in an appropriate discipline
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent
Assessment: Coursework and dissertation
Funding: All applicants should consult our information on fees and funding.
Further information: www.lancaster.ac.uk/fass/law
- Criminology : PhD
- Diplomacy and International Law : LLM/MA
- Diplomacy and International Law (Distance Learning) : LLM
- Diplomacy and International Law (Distance Learning) : MA
- Environment and Law : LLM
- Human Rights and the Environment : LLM
- International Business and Corporate Law : LLM
- International Human Rights and Terrorism Law : LLM
- International Human Rights Law : LLM
- International Law : LLM
- International Law and International Relations : LLM
- International Law and International Relations : MA
- Law : MPhil/PhD
- Law : PGDip
- Law by Research : LLM
|Full Time (per year)||Part Time (per year)|
For new students entering in 2017-18 we guarantee that your taught course tuition fees will not rise by more than 4% per annum over the standard time required to complete your scheme of study.
What are tuition fees for?
Studying at a UK University means that you need to pay an annual fee for your tuition, which covers the costs associated with teaching, examinations, assessment and graduation.
The fee that you will be charged depends on whether you are considered to be a UK, EU or overseas student. Visiting students will be charged a pro-rata fee for periods of study less than a year.
Our annual tuition fee is set for a 12 month session, which usually runs from October to September the following year.
How does Lancaster set overseas tuition fees?
Overseas fees, alongside all other sources of income, allow the University to maintain its abilities across the range of activities and services. Each year the University's Finance Committee consider recommendations for increases to fees proposed for all categories of student and this takes into account a range of factors including projected cost inflation for the University, comparisons against other high-quality institutions and external financial factors such as projected exchange rate movements.
What support is available towards tuition fees?
Lancaster University's priority is to support every student in making the most of their education. Many of our students each year will be entitled to bursaries or scholarships to help with the cost of fees and/or living expenses. You can find out more about financial support, studentships, and awards for postgraduate study on our website.