What Will You Study
LUMS and the Faculty of Science and Technology collaboratively deliver this interdisciplinary programme. It offers graduates with quantitative degrees a route into careers in the areas of banking or finance.
On this programme you will acquire and apply advanced analytical and technical skills to the analysis of risk and return in a range of financial institutions and corporations. There is a strong focus on computer-based financial information within the core courses, and the opportunity to specialise in particular interests through the optional modules.
- Financial Stochastic Processes
- Statistical Methods for Financial and Economic Applications
- C++ Programming for Quantitative Finance
- Spreadsheet Modelling for Quantitative Finance
- Financial Markets
- Derivatives Pricing
- Economics for Money, Banking and Finance
Your dissertation topic can be chosen from any of: Accounting and Finance; Economics; Management Science; or Mathematics and Statistics.
- Assessing Financial Risk: Extreme Value Methods
- Financial Econometrics
- International Money and Finance
- International Banking and Risk Management
- Behavioural Finance
- Data Mining for Marketing, Sales and Finance
- Professional Ethics: Standards in Finance and Accounting