Our flexible Engineering programme brings to life technologies like renewable energy, mechatronics and microwave accelerator science, along with other emerging technologies like micro and nano electronics, new materials and advanced sensor technology.
At Lancaster you will experience a new interactive way of learning. Practical and experimental classes offer you hands-on experience to complement your course's theory modules, while innovative design-build-test projects replace traditional lab sessions.
All our undergraduate degrees start with a common first year, regardless of which discipline you choose, and include modules such as Strengths and Materials and Electrical and Electronics Fundamentals as well as Engineering Mathematics courses. At the end of your first year, you can choose to specialise in a particular field of Engineering and choose from second year modules including Engineering Analysis and Instrumentation and Control.
You will also decide whether to study overseas. If you take our Study Abroad variant, you'll spend the second year of your course studying at a partner university in North America or Australasia. This counts towards a full year of your academic study.
Undergraduates on our Bachelors programme complete their studies in three years, following courses appropriate to their selected discipline. If you continue on to Masters level, your fourth year modules may include Nuclear Engineering Systems and Advanced CAD/CAM.
- Engineering : BEng Hons
- Engineering (Study Abroad) : BEng Hons
- Engineering (Study Abroad) : MEng Hons
- Sustainable Engineering : BEng Hons
- Sustainable Engineering : MEng Hons
- Mechanical Engineering : BEng Hons
- Mechanical Engineering : MEng Hons
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering : MEng Hons
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering : BEng Hons
- Chemical Engineering : BEng Hons
- Chemical Engineering : MEng Hons
- Nuclear Engineering : MEng Hons
- Mechatronics : BEng Hons
- Computer Systems Engineering : BEng Hons
- Mechatronics : MEng Hons
- Computer Systems Engineering : MEng Hons