The ECOsmart scheme by Greengage recognises eco-friendly hotels and conference venues where facilities and services meet high standards of sustainability.
ECOsmart examines sustainability practice and process in seven key areas; energy and water conservation, waste management, recycling and plastics, rooms, consumables and facilities management, sustainable food & beverage management and corporate & social responsibility.
The platinum accreditation highlighted many great initiatives that Lancaster University Conferences and Events+ have in place to support sustainability practices having received an 85% score for their sustainability evaluation. Lancaster University Conferences and Events+ have put in place sustainability practises across the seven key areas to ensure sustainability is at the forefront of what they do.
- Implementation of an Energy Management System (EMS)
- Motion sensitive lighting to help with energy conservation
- Installation of green roofs and walls providing insulation, CO2 absorption, sound deadening, and a way of supporting local bio-diversity
- Provision of locally-sourced food helping to reduce food miles
- Drinking water filtered onsite
- Innovation to reduce the need for paper
- Greener delegate commuting scheme and green meeting package
- The creative use of green areas to offer tree planting team activities