Welcome back to Lancaster!
As we all adjust to new travel norms and expectations, we have made changes to our service to enhance your experience and to ensure we are supporting your personal wellbeing throughout your time in Lancaster.
Lancaster Guest Rooms have been awarded the ‘We’re Good To Go’ accreditation from Visit England meaning we have successfully followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Key changes we’ve made
- All non-essential removable items have been taken out of the rooms such as comment cards, brochures, bed runners and decorative pillows.
- We have introduced a new check in procedure to reduce contact.
- Room keys will be sanitised prior to arrival.
- We are undertaking even more stringent cleaning measures focusing on all hard surfaces and touch points such as light switches and door handles.
- Our bedrooms will be offline for a set period so we can meticulously disinfect between guests.
- Signage is displayed in our public spaces to remind about social distancing.
- Check in times have been updated.
- Our breakfast service has been revised to ensure your safety.
If you would like further details or reassurance on our cleaning regimes, please do not hesitate to ask us.
By phone: 01524 592899
By email: Sleep@lancaster.ac.uk
Our reception opening hours are:
- Monday – Sunday 12:00pm to 19:00pm
Check In and Check Out
Check In – From 15:00pm daily
Our Reception desk for key collection is in Bowland Hall. Check in is from 3pm till 7pm daily. We have implemented social distancing measures for the health and safety of our visitors and Reception Team.
Upon arrival, you will be required to wait in a specific area of Reception and your key will be supplied in an envelope. If you are arriving in a group we please ask that just 1 member of the group collects all the keys. Only 1 person can be in the Reception at any time, you may be required to wait outside if there is already a guest collecting their key. Thank you for your cooperation.
Check Out – from 10:00am daily
We have key drop boxes installed by the ground floor entrance in each of our Guest Room buildings. Please deposit your key in the box upon departure for a contactless check out. You do not need to visit Reception.
To reduce the risk of virus transmission, all pay-and-display parking on campus is now cashless. Our machines now take card payments only (contactless and chip & pin). Visit our visitor travel pages here.
You have the choice of a sit-in or takeaway breakfast at The Deli which is located around a 5 minute walk from the Guest Rooms. You do not need to show anything to the front of house staff at the Deli, just let them know your name.
Sit in dining may be restricted and service may be slower than usual due to social distancing measures.
The opening hours of the Deli are;
- Monday to Sunday - 08:00am to 14:30pm
- Breakfast is served between 08:00am and 11:30am
- Lunch is served between 11:45am and 14:30pm
Our breakfast menu includes;
- English muffins and poached eggs served with a choice of toppings
- American pancakes
- Sausage, egg and cheese muffins
- Porridge with a choice of toppings
Menus are displayed at the entrance to the Deli and at the food counter.Back to News