The workshop will feature talks from invited speakers, but also interactive working sessions, posters and lightning talks.
Invited Speakers Include:
- Professor Sandra Chapman, University of Warwick
- Dr Dan Jones, British Antarctic Survey
- Dr Ben Booth, UK Met Office
- Dr Neil Massey, STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
You are invited to give a lightning talk and design a poster - DSI will arrange and pay for the printing of your posters.
The aims of the workshop include:
· Compare data science techniques and methods across disciplines that use big data in geophysical applications include earth and space sciences
· Discuss computational challenges arising from collecting, storing, analysing and integrating huge volumes of heterogeneous geophysical and space data
· Contrast approaches in integrating physical process models with statistical data-driven models
· Run interactive working sessions on data visualisations and data-driven challenges across geophysical applications
· Identify future directions and opportunities for collaboration through open discussion sessions
There will also be an evening reception.
Your participation is most welcome!
Eventbrite link to register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/big-data-in-the-geosciences-from-subsurface-to-extra-terrestrial-tickets-61228738806Back to News