Tuesday 3 March 2020, 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Open toPostgraduates, Staff, Undergraduates
RegistrationFree to attend - registration required
Registration InfoRegistration required
Do you need help coping with information overload, and pinpointing what is relevant...
Do you need help coping with information overload, and pinpointing what is relevant? Is it sometimes hard to find the right search terms or choose where to search for information?
This interactive workshop is aimed at students and researchers who wish to learn how to search for information effectively, perhaps for a dissertation or literature review.
- Consider your information needs for a particular purpose
- Use subject guides to discover what the Library has to offer
- Formulate a search using keywords and Boolean operators
- Construct a search in a relevant database
- Reflect on strategies you can use to improve your confidence and information skills
Bring along your own topic to try out some of the techniques during the session.
Lesley English & Tanya Williamson
Library Event image