Join the Library in celebrating Black History Month 2019, with a range of specially curated resources and events.
HIghlights of the month include:
- Displays of books from Library collections, near the atrium on A Floor. Everyone is invited to suggest books for purchase to help diversity the collections.
- A wide-ranging online reading list of Library materials relevant to black history, black scholarship and related topics across all disciplines.
- Access to Black History online collections inlcuding special access for the month to a range of archives from ProQuest, and video playlists from the Library's media streaming services.
- A Black History Month reading group, reading Yvonne Battle-Felton's 'Remembered.'
- An exhibition of materials from Lancaster University Library Special Collections on South Africa and its History.
Watch the Library website and social media as more details become available.
The Library website will also highlight local stories and events in Lancaster, including the range of student-led activites being held by the Students' Union. The theme this year is 'Life experiences, identities and belonging.' See the Black History Month page, and keep up to date on Facebook.Back to News