Look After Your Mate is an interactive workshop for students who may be supporting a friend experiencing mental health difficulties.
With new dates released for the first term of the new academic year, it is also an opportunity to learn more about mental health, the support available for university students and how to look after your own wellbeing whilst at university.
The workshop covers:
- Understanding the student experience at university
- Spotting the signs that your friend or peer may be struggling with their mental health
- Starting a conversation with them
- Basic listening and motivating skills
- Signposting and information on what professional and further support is available
- Looking after your own wellbeing.
The session, which can count towards the Lancaster Award, is delivered through trainer presentation, group discussion and individual and group activities.
It is a confidential space and you will not be expected to share anything personal.
Look After Your Mate is not a therapeutic space, however if during or after the workshop you feel you need further support or guidance, the trainer will be on hand to connect you to relevant support.