Designed for Advanced Manufacturing SMEs
A blueprint for growth
Productivity through People (PtP) is a unique collaboration of three world class manufacturers; BAE Systems, Siemens and Rolls Royce. The objective is to support and invest in the manufacturers of tomorrow. To give them access to the latest techniques, thinking and research. To help them transform their productivity and working practices through the development and empowerment of their workforce.
The programme is based on the insights, guidance and funding of industry leaders, with the support of significant partners: LEP, Lancaster University and the Northwest Aerospace Alliance.
This twelve month PtP programme begins with a two day overnight event to establish a peer network group which is fundamental to ongoing development. Following this delegates will spend 2-3 non consecutive days away from the business per month during which they will experience:
- Masterclasses and workshops to stimulate and challenge
- Unparalleled access to world class manufacturing organisations and the leaders that have transformed the workplace
- Coaching from a highly experienced manager in a world class organisation
- Action learning sets to address business issues in a facilitated, confidential group setting
- Shadowing and exchanges within peer organisations to give fresh insights
- Benchmarking against peers and action planning for the future
- Online forums to share, discuss and assess resources
The programme will be delivered primarily from the Academy for Skills and Knowledge (BAE Systems, Samlesbury, Preston), with some activity at Lancaster University Management School plus visits to world class manufacturing environments.
This programme has received significant investment from the industrial partners, both in its design and finance. As a result the subsidised cost of this programme is £2,500 per delegate.
- Develop leadership and management capability to transform working practices
- Be immersed in case studies from world class organisations and meet the people behind them
- Work with like-minded individuals to create a peer network to improve productivity
Want to get involved?
Please contact Pete Cornwall, Business Liaison Officer on 01524 510728 or email email@example.com for further information.
It’s not that people are our best asset – it’s that at the end of the day they are any organisation’s only asset. Engaging employees in the mission and purpose of the company, and really empowering them to do the job as effectively as possible, lies at the heart of successful organisations, and as importantly is at the heart of sustainable business success.