This is our most flexible taught programme. You take one core module and a dissertation relating to any area of language or linguistics that we teach.
We also offer an extended dissertation option. Support for your studies is provided by the non-credit Postgraduate Academic Study Skills module, which runs in terms 1, 2 and 3.
- Research Methods in Linguistics and English Language
Plus five (100 credits) chosen from the optional modules each term (20 credits each except where indicated).
- English Grammar
- Introduction to Discourse Studies
- Introduction to Language Teaching 1
- Language, Literacies and Digital Communication
- Language Test Construction and Evaluation
- Pedagogical Grammar
- Second Language Acquisition
- Corpus Linguistics
- Critical Discourse Analysis
- Gender and Language
- Introduction to Language Teaching 2
- Learning and Teaching in Digitally Mediated Spaces
- Task based Language Teaching
10 credit courses:
- Curriculum Design in Language Education
- Instructed Second Language Acquisition
- Teacher Development in Language Education