What Will You Study
This is our most flexible taught programme. You take one core module and a dissertation that further develops your specialist interests.
We also offer an extended dissertation option. Support for your studies is provided by the non-credit Postgraduate Academic Study Skills module, which runs in terms 1, 2 and 3.
- Research Methods in Linguistics and English Language
Plus five modules chosen from the optional modules each term (20 credits each except where indicated).
- Corpus Linguistics
- Critical Discourse Analysis
- English Grammar
- Introduction to Discourse Studies (prerequisite for Critical Discourse Analysis)
- Introduction to Language Teaching
- Language, Literacies and Digital Communication
- Language Test Construction and Evaluation
- Learning and Teaching in Digitally Mediated Spaces
- Second Language Acquisition
- Task-based Language Teaching
10 credit courses:
- Teaching Languages to Students with Specific Learning Differences
- Using Corpora in Language Teaching
- Content Based Instruction
- Pedagogical Grammar