Benefit from the convenience of staying in our award winning guest room accommodation and enjoy the relaxing surroundings that our 560 acre parkland offers.
Bed and Breakfast
Lancaster University Guest Rooms provides bed and breakfast accommodation set in 560 acres of parkland, situated a 10-minute drive from the city centre.
Each guest room has an en suite bathroom, desk, wardrobe, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, towels and linen. There are tea and coffee facilities in the room and free Wi-Fi available across the campus. If you choose the B&B option, breakfast is provided each morning at Marketplace, a 2-minute walk from the accommodation.
The campus includes a great selection of restaurants, cafes and bars. The sports centre includes a gym, climbing wall, swimming pool, sauna and squash courts at an additional cost. The Peter Scott Art Gallery and the Nuffield Theatre are also located on the campus.
The Lancaster University campus lies to the west of the M6 and the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The city itself offers attractions including Lancaster Castle, St Peter’s Cathedral, Lancaster City Museum, Williamson Park, The Grand Theatre and a Vue Cinema. There is also a varied selection of restaurants and bars in the city centre.
There are great transport links to the city centre from the university including regular buses and a taxi rank on campus.
Morecambe is within 20-minute drive away, which has views across the bay. Guests can visit the beach, the Eric Morecambe Statue and Happy Mount Park.
The accommodation is a 10-minute drive from Lancaster train station, which offers easy access to Manchester, Liverpool and London, as well as The Lake District.
- We have 80 bedrooms which are mixture of twin, single and doubles.
- A double/twin bedroom is £69.00 per night, a single is £59.00 and our basic self-catered single rooms start from £44 per night.
- All bedrooms have en suite bathrooms, hair dryers, irons and tea and coffee making facilities.
- There are no lifts in the guest rooms, it is stair access only.
- Check in is from 3:00pm – midnight, we have a contactless check in procedure where bedroom keys are collected from safe boxes located within the Guest Rooms building.
- Check out is 10:00am.
- Breakfast is served at the Marketplace, less than a 2 minute walk away from the Guest Rooms.
- The rate includes free visitor Wi-Fi.
- Car parking is not included in the room rate. It is £5 per day Monday to Friday. A ticket can be purchased from the pay and display machines.
Terms & Conditions
Guest Room Accommodation Bookings
Terms and Conditions Accordion
When making an accommodation booking with us via our digital channels (such as our website or on a third party vendor), telephone or email, these terms and conditions will apply. A reservation of ten rooms or more for the same night is considered a group booking and different terms and conditions will apply.
A. You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation. You must be at least 18 years old to stay alone in our Guest Rooms. If a guest arrives at our reception to check in and is under 18 years of age the guest will not be permitted to stay alone.
B. We will confirm our acceptance of your reservation by sending an email to each guests email address that you provide during the reservation process, which includes a reservation number.
C. You must ensure that the name and contact details on the booking is correct at the time of booking.
- You must provide us with the contact information for the lead booker including name, telephone number and email address. Please refer to our Privacy Notice in section 9, which details the requirement for this information. This information is also used to support with the NHS Track and Trace system.
- If the booking is for more than 1 person, you must provide the contact details for all the guests.
D. You are responsible for ensuring that each person who stays in the Guest Rooms under your booking, even if you make a booking for someone else’s benefit and don’t stay yourself, complies with these terms.
E. You must be able to show photo identification (a driver’s licence, passport or national ID card) or the credit or debit card used to make your booking if requested by Lancaster Conferences and Events+ at any time
A. The rate for each room is as published on our website or third party vendor website, or communicated via the telephone or email at the time of booking.
B. All payments are due in full at the time of booking. Your booking will not be secured until you make the payment.
C. If you decide to extend your booking we require payment in full at the time of extending your stay.
D. We do not accept payments in cash.
4. Room Prices
A. We offer room only and breakfast included rates. Other meals are not included in the room price, but you may be able to add them to your reservation during the booking process or they may be available to you during your stay.
B. Room prices are per room, per night and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate at the time of your reservation.
C. Car parking is not included in the rate. You must pay for parking upon arrival.
A. The maximum room occupancy we offer is two adults in either a twin or double room. You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you.
B. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to stay in a Guest Room unless a parent or guardian is also staying.
C. You will need to speak directly to Lancaster Conferences and Events+ to enquire about placing a cot within the room due to the size of the room, which may have been allocated. We do not provide travel cots.
6 Cancellations, refunds and no shows
6.1 Your right to cancel
A. You can cancel your reservation up to 2 weeks before the arrival date of your reservation and receive a full refund for your booking.
B. Cancellations made within 2 weeks before the arrival date will incur a cancellation charge on the total booking value, as follows; Table showing refund criteria
Notice Period Refund value 2 weeks to 1 week 75% 1 week to 1 day 50% 1 day No refund
C. Where a refund is payable in accordance with these terms, we will only make the refund to the payment card that you used to make the booking.
6.2 Our right to cancel
A. We may cancel your reservation if an event outside of our control (including explosions, fire, flooding, power failures and pandemics) means that we are unable to make your room available to you. In this instance we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and proceed with the following actions;
- If you have already paid for your room, we will refund your payment.
- Review availability and amend the arrival dates at no extra cost, based on the number of room nights and guests remaining the same.
B. If we are obliged due to specific Government restrictions to close our guest rooms we will either offer you an alternative date or cancel the booking and you will receive a refund.
You can add any additional nights or bedrooms to your booking subject to availability. If the number of nights or bedrooms reduce within the above weekly periods from the reservation date, you will be subject to cancellation charges.
6.4 No shows
If you do not arrive on the scheduled date of arrival with no communication, you will be charged the full amount of the booking.
7. Arrival and departure
A. You can check in from 3pm on the scheduled day of arrival.
B. You must check out no later than 10am on the scheduled day of departure. If you do not check out by this time then we may charge you an extra one night’s stay for the applicable room.
C.. If your belongings are still in your room on the day of departure after 12 noon they will be removed.
8. Requirements of you and the other members of your booking
A. Please specify at the time of booking if any ground floor rooms are required. There is no lift in the Guest Rooms building.
B. You must provide the full names of any other guests staying in the Guest Rooms included with your booking.
C. You must provide your full contact details including a telephone number and email address when making your booking.
D. All room keys must be returned to us upon departure and deposited in the key drop box situated in the foyer of your Guest Rooms building. In the event that a key is not returned after check out we request you to contact our reception to make arrangements for the key to be returned. If the key cannot be returned, a charge of £50 per key will be applied.
9. Car Parking
The room rates do not include car parking. Car parking must be paid for upon arrival at the
University. A ticket can be purchased from the car parking machines located in each car park.
10. Fire Regulations and Health and Safety
Guests are required to familiarise themselves with and comply with, all fire regulations, evacuation procedures and health and safety requirements. Each guest room premises will contain a Fire Action Notice which should be read and understood immediately on arrival.
11. Lancaster Conferences and Events+ Expectations
A. Whilst staying in our Guest Rooms you must not;
- Smoke anywhere inside the guest room premises or outside the entrances. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Permitted smoking areas will be identified on site. Smoking inside the guest room premises will result in a £200 fine, which is used for specialist cleaning.
- Bring any pets onto the guest room premises, with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto the guest room premises.
- Use any electrical equipment that is not already provided by Lancaster Conferences and Events+, which may set off the fire alarm system.
- Tamper with the fire alarms or emergency equipment.
- Remove, damage or destroy any property.
- Play loud music, which would disturb other guests on the premises.
B. If you or a member of your booking misplace their room key or do not return the room key upon check out, you will be subject to a fine of £50, payable direct to Lancaster Conferences and Events+.
C. If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the guest rooms, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Lancaster Conferences and Events+ on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
D. We wish to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff, and ask that all visitors follow the current UK Government COVID-19 guidance at all times. This includes following social distancing and outdoor gathering guidance.
12. Your information
We keep your personal data safe and secure in accordance with the GPDR policy. Full details about how we use your information are set out in our Privacy Notice which can found by following the link .
13. Questions or complaints
If you have a question regarding your booking or wish to make a complaint, please contact our reception team by telephone or email:
- 01524 592899