Structure and modules
The programme is divided into two parts, and has a modular structure with six modules in total. All modules are compulsory.
Part One (years 1 and 2) consists of five modules that offer participants guided study in key areas of education and social justice nationally and internationally.
- EDS851: Understanding Social Justice Internationally: Issues, Theories and Approaches.
- EDS852: Promoting Social Justice through Education.
- EDS855: Social Justice in Institutions and Organisations.
- EDS854: Researching Social Justice.
- EDS853: Evaluating the implementation of Social Justice Programmes.
Part Two (years 3 and 4) - participants carry out an original piece of research under the supervision of a member of staff and produce a thesis (45,000 words). There is also the sixth module:
- EDS856: Writing and defending the thesis.