Eco-I North West: Capital Grant Scheme
Supporting enterprises drive forward with clean and sustainable research, development and innovation
Enabling eco-innovation in business
The Eco-I North West Capital Grant Scheme helps support small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in the progression of business innovation, along the technology readiness levels and the adoption of new technologies, which aid the transition to a low carbon economy. This match-style funding grant can purchase new equipment or technology and its installation, but will not support running or maintenance costs.
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Tab Content: Overview
The scheme supports the progression of business innovation along the technology readiness levels and the adoption of new technologies. This “simple to apply for” grant can purchase equipment for the creation of components parts of complex systems. It allows the construction of prototypes in a laboratory or for simulated interfaces to existing systems as well as of pilot lines, when necessary for industrial research and notably for generic technology validation. The grant can include the purchase of equipment or technology and its installation, but will not support running or maintenance costs.
In your application form you will be asked to describe the ambition of your project, outline the changes the grant could deliver for your business, the investment that will be made and to quantify the benefits it will deliver to your business and to the environment. ERDF is “funding of last resort” so you will need to show what you can achieve with this funding which was not otherwise possible.
Tab Content: Funding value
The total value of the project proposed must be no less than £5,000 and no greater than £24,999. Grants are awarded on a 50% or 60% match basis depending on business location. Businesses need to cash flow the full cost and demonstrate funding for the remaining 40% or 50% of cost is available.
If the applying enterprise is VAT registered the costs to be considered will be exclusive of VAT. If the enterprise is not vat registered then the project costs may include the vat.
Tab Content: Timescale
The grants will only support projects which will be fully completed and fully paid for before the end of March 2023. It is expected that in most cases there will be a single payment of grant. If a project has a staged procurement and installation this will need to be clearly set out in the application but full and final installation must be before March 2023.
What can be supported
- Investment in a new technology, process or product e.g. building of a prototype/test rig
- Purchase of equipment, construction or design of component parts linked with a new technology
- New product/technology trials and testing including simulations, lab work or field pilots
- Research and development which moves a product along technology readiness levels
- All grants need to be linked to a carbon saving technology
What we can’t support
- The purchase or upgrade of vehicles e.g. purchase of an electric vehicle
- Building upgrades with no research or testing element e.g. installing solar panels onto a building
- Ongoing maintenance costs
- Projects already underway
- Projects which don’t have the match funding available or which cannot be cash flowed in full
This programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and available to businesses which are eligible under these criteria.
Where businesses are part owned by or have ownership of another enterprise the wider details of the group may need to be considered and full details are available in the user guide of the SME Definition. Learn more about turnover.
This is a competitive process. The information submitted will be reviewed and scored by a panel to assess the suitability and risks associated with your plans.
Before applying please read the Eco-I NW Capital Grant Guidance Notes carefully.
- 2 years Financial accounts, if you are a new business, a Business Plan for 2 years
- 3 Written quotations per item of expenditure
If this is a buildings-related project we will need:
- Planning permission approval (if required)
- Lease agreement (if relevant)
Submit applications to email@example.com
Get in touch
For further information about the Eco-I North West Capital Grant Scheme, Application or Eligilblity Forms please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will contact you as soon as possible.