We welcome all staff (including professional services colleagues and those holding Visiting or Honorary roles) and research students at Lancaster University, and academic staff and research students at the University's international partner institutions to express an interest in membership of the Pentland Centre for Sustainability in Business. We do not offer membership to anyone outside of these categories.
What we will offer:
- Links to colleagues across the University who are interested in sustainability in business and whose work will be stimulating as you progress with your own work (including professional services colleagues and research/teaching colleagues).
- A programme of members benefits that includes:
- Structured writing retreats;
- Pentland Centre seminars and workshops where ideas can be further developed;
- Activities where cross-pollination and development can take place;
- Opportunity to suggest visiting researchers and ideas for seminars that will be of collective interest; and
- Input to research topics or engagement/ impact activities, as they fit your interests.
- We aim to supplement the resources that are available to members in their ‘home’ departments and from time to time will fund ideas/projects that are relevant to the Centre’s ambitions and plans.
What we seek from members:
- Identify yourself as a member of the Pentland Centre through your email signature line, and on your PURE and/or people profile (if you have these);
- Participate in team meetings and events as frequently as possible, and provide information for internal and external reporting as and when required;
- Provide details of your work so we can list you on the Pentland Centre website and let us know about your successes so we can celebrate these with you;
- Take part in Pentland Centre activities so that we can create a lively intellectual community (such as seminar/workshop participation);
- Follow us on social media and post interesting insights to our social media feeds; and
- Promote the work of the Pentland Centre and your Pentland Centre colleagues.
If you are interested in joining, and are in agreement with our vision, mission and strategic aims, please submit an expression of interest here if you are based at Lancaster University, or email us if you are at an international partner institution.