As a Lancaster University student you can make use of a range of excellent study facilities during the course your studies. These include the Library and Learning Zone, as well as facilities provided by your faculty and/or department.
Just for postgraduates
As a Graduate College student, you can also access a range of additional facilities. These include:
- PG Community Kitchen for group cooking and meals (cohort dinners, birthdays, religious and cultural events etc.) Booking required, via this link
- Group study spaces in the Social Hub (House 11, Graduate College)
- Dedicated postgraduate-only Study Hub in Lancaster city centre, based at The Storey Institute. The PG Study Hub offers one large, quiet workspace with access to the University's eduroam Wi-Fi. There is also a small group workroom with a big screen to plug your laptop/tablet into. The PG Study Hub is open Monday-Friday 9am-9pm, and Saturday 10am-4pm (hours vary during Bank Holidays and National Holidays). You will need your postgraduate University card to gain entry. Computers and printing facilities are not currently available here.
- Computer room (PC Lab). Open 24 hours - Includes printing facilities, university managed PCs in the quiet study space, plus group collaboration space with large screens to plug your device into. Located in House 09, Graduate College.
- Shower room and small lockers for off-campus/commuter students. Contact the College Manager if you would like access to the room or a locker.
- Families Study Room - A space designed for postgraduates with families to study or relax while their children play/read. Children must be supervised at all times by their parent/guardian. Open daily 9am-7pm.
Your Postgraduate University Card is required to access all these areas (except for the Families space)..
If you are uncertain of the location of the college, the MazeMap can help you navigate campus.
Our modern Library was refurbished in 2016 and has gone from strength to strength. You will enjoy the modern facilities with many different styles of seating so you can find a place that suits you best. There are also study spaces you can book out for group work, and a range of learning resources and guides to help you make the most of the resources available.
Located across from the Library, the Learning Zone is a 24/7 study space that is excellent for group work, and equally good if you want to study independently in an informal environment. The zone has a range of pods, all with interactive technology, some of which can be booked for group project work, practising presentations or coursework meetings.