The Buddy Programme
The Buddy Programme is your chance to help new students settle into life at Lancaster. Adjusting to a different cultural environment can be exciting and challenging. New students at Lancaster University often have a lot of questions and concerns during their first weeks on campus. The Buddy Programme aims to help them begin a smooth transition.
This programme aims to promote connections between current and new students, build a globally minded community and offer peer support in finding ways to be actively involved on campus. We also hope the Buddy Programme will help form friendships that will last a lifetime.
Why become a Host Buddy Volunteer?
- Be a cultural ambassador to new students from all over the world.
- Gain insights on different cultural values and world views.
- Start your Lancaster Award journey and receive 10 points towards the award.
- Invitation to Buddy Social events with a variety of delicious free food.
- Enhance your CV.
- Certificate of participation.
Duration of the Programme
- Contacting the assigned buddies before their arrival via email and provide information about campus life at Lancaster University.
- Meeting the assigned buddies after their arrival and supporting them to settle into life at Lancaster.
- Current Lancaster University student.
- Complete the required training.
- Effective communication skills.
- Sincere interest in helping people.
- Respect to religious, political, sexual orientation and cultural differences.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org