We are delighted to welcome colleagues to Health Innovation One to celebrate the Morecambe Bay Curriculum.
Schedule for the evening:
4pm: Guests are invited to enjoy refreshments, network, visit stalls and sign up for a discussion session for later in the evening
4.40pm: Talks from the following colleagues:
- Welcome by the Morecambe Bay Curriculum Partnership Board: Professor Sarah Kemp, Pro-Vice Chancellor of Lancaster University and Wes Johnson, the Principal and Chief Executive of Lancaster and Morecambe College.
- Key-note speech from Prof. Mike-Berners Lee, author of 'How bad are bananas?' and 'There is no Planet B'
- An overview of Eden Project Morecambe, Si Bellamy OBE, Chief Activation Officer
- The future of the Morecambe Bay Curriculum, Working Group Chairs - Linda Pye, Headteacher of Rylands Primary and Nursery School and Alison Wilkinson, Strategic Lead, South Lakes Federation
5.45pm: Guests are invited to choose which 45min conversation they would like to join:
- The way forward, sustainability in primary settings
- The way forward, sustainability in secondary settings
- The way forward, sustainability in FE settings
- Developing history modules for the Morecambe Bay Curriculum
- Earnse Hub - North Walney National Nature Reserve
- Outdoor Education Workshop
- Made by the Moon & cross-curricular storytelling
- The beach as a site for learning and transformation
6.30pm: Supper and live-music from Hiroshima Twinkie
7.25pm: Goodbye from Dr Bob Lauder, Chair of the Morecambe Bay Curriculum Steering Group and Deputy Head of Lancaster Medical School
7.30pm: Event EndsBack to News