The statement of principles below summarises Lancaster University’s commitment to good governance.
The principles are articulated through the University Charter, Statutes and Ordinances along with other internal documentation.
Lancaster University aims to:
- have efficient and effective arrangements for governance
- demonstrate the highest standards of openness, integrity, impartiality and accountability
- operate clear and transparent schemes of delegation of authority
- ensure that declarations of potential conflicts of interest are sought, recorded and acted on accordingly
- ensure that staff and students have opportunities to be involved in decision-making at all levels
- comply with the HEFCE Memorandum of Assurance and Accountability and comply with (or explain why not) the CUC Code of Governance for Higher Education