Training for the future
We welcome and encourage applications for postgraduate study with the Centre. As a member of CGE you become part of a vibrant research community of interdisciplinary scientists with a well developed support network and opportunities for a wide variety of training.
From time to time we are able to offer funded research opportunities. These are sometimes linked with an external business or partner institution and cover a broad remit, from environmental science disciplines, the physical sciences, computing and communications, design and various fields of management.
Over 90 graduates have worked with CGE to gain PhDs and/or Masters by Research whilst working on a company challenge, and many have gone on to very successful and sought after roles. Our graduate researchers are at the heart of what we do, each researching, developing and innovating to address global challenges.
Opportunities through Eco-I NW
Through our flagship project Eco-I NW we are recruiting for a number of funded Master's by research (MRes) projects and internships. These will be recruiting from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Graduates join a substantial cohort of like-minded and ambitious researchers, providing an important peer network and support group. You’ll be mentored by our Innovation Fellows and benefit from both academic and business supervision and support.
What will you gain?
- Work alongside a business partner gaining enviable industry experience
- Gain input from a team of academic supervisors
- Gain a tax free stipend each year
- Have reduced tuition fees
- Access a research budget for travel and consumables
- Further your career with a postgraduate application
- Develop links with both the business and academic community
- Help to solve a real-world problem which allows a shift to a low carbon economy
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news and opportunities for researchers.