Tuesday 21 November 2023, 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Open toPostgraduates, Prospective International Students, Prospective Postgraduate Students, Prospective Undergraduate Students, Public, Staff, Undergraduates
RegistrationRegistration not required - just turn up
Zoe Crombie, a Film PhD candidate in LICA, is participating in a roundtable discussion on Anime/Manga Studies on Tuesday 21st November, 2:00pm.
One of our Film PhD candidates, Zoe Crombie, is participating in a roundtable discussion on Anime/Manga Studies on Tuesday 21st November, 2:00pm. Zoom link: https://tinyurl.com/mvzedsxm
– Ever thought about writing a college paper on themes and images in Attack on Titan?
– Wanted to take a class on the history of girls’ manga?
– Are intrigued by a book on the many different ways that Japanese manga authors have adapted characters and images from Alice in Wonderland?
Just curious about what “anime and manga studies” even means?
Anime and Manga Studies Projects presents a live interactive discussion introducing the idea of scholarly approaches to Japanese comics and animation and the academic field of anime/manga studies.
- What is anime and manga studies?
- What do we want to accomplish by approaching anime/manga this way?
- What kinds of questions can we ask?
- Who participates in this field?
- What themes and topics are anime/manga scholars interested in exploring?
- Do I need to be a college professor to participate?
- Do I need to be a Japanese studies scholar to participate?
For this discussion, a group of leading anime/manga scholars, from different backgrounds, and at different stages in their careers will share their thoughts, opinions, and experiences.
This is a free event and all are welcome to join.
For more information, please visit Roundtable – Welcome to Anime/Manga Studies - Anime and Manga Studies (animemangastudies.com)