Business and Enterprise
Science and Technology at Lancaster University is a community of approximately 2,500 students, 600 staff and 340 PhD students. We work in partnership with businesses and other science and technology users so that our research and teaching makes a demonstrable difference to the economy and society.
Our partners range from small and medium enterprises, voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises, public sector institutes such as the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, the NHS, UK Government to global companies like Microsoft, BT Labs, Shell, Unilever, and Toshiba.
Across the themes we form collaborative partnerships around these 5 key areas:
Our 2011-2015 theme-based strategy is led by Faculty Director for Business Partnerships and Enterprise, Dr Mark Bacon. Our enterprise activities are organised across seven key interdisciplinary themes which build on disciplinary excellence and provide natural points of collaboration:
As Operations Manager for Business Partnerships and Enterprise in the Faculty of Science and Technology I am the first point of contact for businesses looking to form partnerships with our Science and Technology experts. I am ideally placed to link you to one or more of our experienced business partnership managers across our seven themes to best suit your business needs.
Tel: +44 (0) 1524 510 188
Events for Business
- Thu 12 Jun 2014 Lancaster Environment Centre Showcase 2014
- Wed 28 May 2014 Quantum Technology Centre Launch
- Wed 21 May 2014 2006 USA Sustainable Drainage Systems Mission - Have We Learned Anything?Â€
- LEC hosts British Water conference reviewing national standards on water management
- Touchless technology makes finals of the Bionow 2014 Biomedical Awards
- Businesses and health organisations exposed to Lancaster's expertise
- Businesses and researchers invited to Lancaster Quantum Technology Centre launch