New trends in Chinese as a Second Language
Thursday 14 September 2023 to Friday 15 September 2023
New trends in Chinese as a Second Language (CSL) is an international conference focusing on Chinese as an additional language (L2, L3, L4, Ln).
We aim to bring together researchers and students from a variety of disciplines (applied linguistics, psychology, education, etc.) who share an interest in the acquisition, processing or teaching of L2 Chinese across the lifespan and in a variety of settings (in the classroom and in the wild, face to face and in digital environments).
- Shaofeng Li (Florida State)
- Xiaofei Lu (Pennsylvania State)
- Clare Wright (Leeds)
- Wei Yi (Beijing)
Call for papers and scientific committee
The call for papers will open on March 15, 2023, and close June 1, 2023.
How to submit an abstract
Abstracts can be submitted (via EasyAbs) from March 15, 2023 until June 1, 2023.
To submit an abstract, please visit the EasyAbs website. Abstract submission will require you to first create an EasyAbs account.
Abstracts should be max. 500 words, including references. Please do not include author names in the abstract submission.
The proposals for all presentations (papers and posters) will be evaluated anonymously by at least two members of the Scientific Committee, please see the section below.
Evaluation criteria include:
- quality of research design
- organization and clarity of the abstract
- originality and potential contribution to the field
- evidence of good scientific practice (e.g., sharing of data and materials, preregistration)
Notifications of acceptance will be communicated by July 1, 2023.
The abstracts are due on June 1, 2023, midnight (UK).
Notifications of acceptance will be communicated by July 1, 2023, via email to the first author.
- Miriam Buendia-Castro
- Sarah Si Chen
- Xiaobin Chen
- Yaping Chen
- Derek Hird
- Bronson Hui
- Jinlin Jiang
- Shaofeng Li
- Jianling Liao
- Xiaofei Lu
- Vittorio Tantucci
- Min Wang
- Xiaohong Wen
- Clare Wright
- Jiajin Xu
- Qi Xu
- Li Yang
- Wei Yi
- Boping Yuan
- Jocelin Lingxia Zhou
Program and registration
Registration for the New Trends in Chinese as a Second Language conference is now open.
Program and registration Accordion
Please find below the link to the New Trends in Chinese Second Language Acquisition conference schedule.
Registration for our conference is now open. Registration will close automatically when all places allocated, so early registration is recommended.
Please find the registration link below:
- Early bird registration will close on July 31, 2023. £50 for PhD students, £70 for academic staff (postdoctoral researchers and faculty).
- General registration will be open until September 1, 2023: £70 for PhD students, £90 for academic staff (postdoctoral researchers and faculty).
Registration includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day (lunch and coffee breaks).
The conference will take place at Lancaster University Management School.
Travel information Accordion
- How to find us
Where to stay
There are two options for campus accommodation, please see the links below.
- On-campus bed and breakfast accommodation (guest rooms on campus)
- Lancaster House Hotel (four star hotel, located at the edge of campus)
If you prefer staying in Lancaster (town), there are several options, which you can easily find on booking websites.
Mei Yang, Patrick Rebuschat, Cindy Ge, Emily Barrett, Summer Wang, Wensi Zhang, and Liuqi Zhu