Browse the latest volunteering options available at our Science & Technology Opportunities Portal.
Skills Development Programme
The LEC Skills Development programme provides you with an opportunity to develop your key skills and relevant experience beyond your degree.
These voluntary placements are a great way of learning more about the sector you want to work in after you graduate, whilst also strengthening your CV and enhancing your employment prospects.
We have teamed up with local and national environmental organisations and with researchers here at Lancaster to provide you with opportunities to put your skills into practice out in the field.
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience to enhance your employability
- Become better informed about the suitability of different career paths
- Expand your network of careers contacts
- Volunteering opportunities can contribute to the Lancaster Award.
How the scheme works
Our partner organisations
Organisations with a specific need for Lancaster students include
- Piccadilly Support Services, Lancaster– a horticultural work party
- Lancaster Wildlife Trust
- Lancashire Fylde Council: Fylde Sand Dunes Project
- Ribble Rivers Trust
Full details of these opportunities will be on the Science & Technology Opportunities Portal.
To find out more about the Employability Programme and how to apply, please contact Andy Folkard.