As the Dean, I am delighted to introduce the Faculty of Health and Medicine at Lancaster University.
Our staff are very committed to teaching – and this is regularly borne out by the level of satisfaction expressed by students in the National Student Survey.
Ranked third in our field in the 2014 Research Assessment Framework on the 'intensity weighted' score, equal first in 'research environment' and in the top 10 for 'research power', the Faculty offers an ideal academic environment to study or to develop your research career.
Our high quality research and our commitment to teaching and to working with the health and care sectors means that the Faculty is influencing practice and thinking across a broad spectrum – for example:
- how best to support people as they age and reach the end of their lives
- interventions to address serious mental illness
- how health inequalities can be addressed
- how best to model the spread of communicable disease
- improving our understanding of infections that have huge global impact
The Faculty was proud to achieve an Athena Swan Bronze Award (operated by The Equality Challenge Unit) in 2012 and the Athena Swan Silver Award in 2014.
If you are interested in working or studying with us, this website offers further information about what we do, or call +44 (0)1524 593169.
Professor Peter Atkinson
Dean (Interim), Faculty of Health and Medicine