Members of the Department of Psychology conduct world-leading research in infancy and early development, language and literacy, perception and action, and social processes.
Since 2009, we have completed projects with over 30 organisations from the public, private and charity sectors, which vary in size from FTSE100 international corporations to local SMEs. We demonstrate our expertise through contributions to several of the Interdisciplinary Centres at Lancaster University:
- Security Lancaster
- Centre for Ageing Research
- ESRC Centre for Corpus Approaches to Social Science (CASS)
Access our expertise
You can access the skills and knowledge of the Department of Psychology in different ways, depending on your needs and the resources available. For example, we can work together on collaborative research, address a skill or resource shortage through consultancy, or study a new idea through student internships or studentships.
It is also possible for you to:
- use our facilities for research and development
- gain skills through our postgraduate training
- exploit University support for commercialising ideas into new products, processes and systems