The School of Computing and Communications (SCC) works with business of all sizes in many ways, including contract and collaborative research, supporting student projects, placements and part-time and full-time work, training, guest lectures (both ways) and events for businesses.
SCC is based in InfoLab21, a Centre of Excellence for Information & Communications Systems (ICT). InfoLab21 also provides office space for resident companies and has a department dedicated to working with businesses and facilitating knowledge and technology transfer.
InfoLab21's Business Development Team provides a free matching service for businesses looking for ICT expertise, support, and collaboration with SCC.
Key unique services for businesses facilitated by the KBC include:
- Funded Transformational ICT Support for SMEs
- Funded Consultancy for digital and creative SMEs
- InfoLab21 Associate Company Scheme: View profiles and join online
- InfoLab21 Business Space
- E-Newsletter For Businesses: InfoTextX
- Events for Businesses: Online Calendar & Registration
- Source ICT skills through projects such as InfoLab21 Summer Placement Scheme
- Hire InfoLab21 for meeting and events
Joint research projects are an effective way to carry out research that is of interest to both the SCC and your business. These are often a great way to get access to high quality research talent and to achieve major innovations. There are several funding programmes that can cover a proportion of your costs (typically from 50-100% depending on the funding source and framework), making these types of project a very cost effective way of getting R&D done. There are also lighter weight types of engagement, such as acting as an advisor to a project, pledging access to expertise or resources, or offering letters of support for research proposals. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.