Our MSc programmes are designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to achieve your career aspirations.
Scholarships for Masters Programmes
Scholarships in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Data Science and Wireless Communication Systems.
We are currently making awards across all our computing masters programmes:
- awards value between £1,000-£5,000 in the form of fee reductions
- all applications are considered for a scholarship once candidates have fully completed their application and the offer of a place has been accepted
- scholarships are allocated on the basis of the academic excellence of an application or the high potential of an application
- the award is highly competitive, scholarship funds are naturally limited
- the process of award happens monthly until available funds have been allocated
- recipients of a scholarship will be asked to pay a deposit of £750 within 4 weeks of the award. Failure to do so will mean the scholarship is reallocated in the next monthly cycle
- as a bronze Athena Award holder, we celebrate diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity
For further information about making an application, to discuss the Masters programme topics or scholarship opportunities in more detail, please contact Heather Hilton, telephone: 44 01524 510515
MSc Cyber Security Scholarship
The School of Computing and Communications has five scholarships available for MSc Cyber Security to the value of £4,000.
|Eligibility||UK, EU and Overseas - Full time programme only|
|Details||Five scholarships of £4,000 available|
The MSc Cyber Security at Lancaster University is one of only four programmes in the UK to have received full GCHQ accreditation. You will benefit from a unique multi-disciplinary approach to the programme, taught by internally renowned researchers, leadings experts in their field, as well as have the opportunity to undertake industry certified qualifications.
Scholarships are open to all UK, EU and Overseas students who are making an application to the Full Time programme. Awards will be made on the basis of academic excellence or substantial industrial experience in a relevant field. There is no separate application for this scholarship, you will be considered automatically.
Applicants are also encouraged to apply for the Lancaster Master's Scholarship and Alumni Loyalty Scholarships and are able to hold multiple offers of funding.
Alumni Loyalty Sponsorship
Lancaster University will offer a reduction in tuition fees to all taught Master’s programmes for eligible applicants, determined by the level of undergraduate award achieved. The value of the scholarship is as follows:
- 20% fee reduction for 1st Class Hons degree holders
- 10% fee reduction for 2:1 Hons degree holders
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship you must either:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University (achieved at any time) or
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University, achieved at any time, including one delivered through an associated institution, or
- Have graduated from one of our partner institutions with a Lancaster University degree (LU Ghana; Sunway University Malaysia; or Goenka Institution India) or
- Have studied at Lancaster University via our Study Abroad programme
The Scholarship is open to all our Alumni, regardless of their nationality or year of graduation. You do not need to apply for this scholarship; you will qualify automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria and the course entry requirements.
Postgraduate Loan Scheme
In November 2015 the UK Government confirmed that a new postgraduate loan scheme will be introduced for students commencing master’s courses in the 2016/17 academic year.
Non-means-tested loans of up to £10,000 will be made available to students applying to taught and research Masters courses. PhD students will be funded through a separate scheme. These are available to students under the age of 60 across all discipline areas and are considered a contribution toward the cost of the postgraduate study. As postgraduate funding is considered a devolved matter for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, loans are only available for students resident in England.Learn more
All current students and recent graduates can apply for relevant paid work experience through the Faculty of Science and Technology Internship Programme. Learn more