Easter Study Trip
Our Study Trip to China is an annual visit to Beijing and Guangzhou. This is a fantastic opportunity to visit and enjoy Chinese culture, and practice your Chinese in real-life settings.
What will you be doing?
- The group will visit two cities (Beijing and Guangzhou) across 11 days, exploring both cities and enjoying a number of world-famous attractions.
- You get a chance to enjoy the culture, meet and talk with local people, and take part in Chinese language and cultural classes to enhance your visit.
- In Beijing you'll be a full-blown tourist, with visits to some world famous locations including The Forbidden City, The Summer Palace, and a section of The Great Wall.
- In Guangzhou, you will spend most of your time on the campus of our partner university, South China University of Technology (SCUT). You'll take part in a number of classes and activities to broaden your language and cultural knowledge, while continuing to explore the markets and museums of Guangzhou
- The trip usually concludes with you taking in the beauty of Guangzhou at night, on a cruise along the Pearl River Delta! You can enjoy all this and much, much more!
When will this be?
- 11 days during the University Easter holiday, typically from the Saturday immediately after term ends for the Easter Break in March.
- We can offer recommendations and help with your travel plans, but ultimately they are yours to make!
How much will this cost?
- You will be required to pay for your flights to/from China, and your visa (typically around £600-800 together). You are responsible for booking your own flights, though we will of course be available to assist.
- All accommodation, meal & travel costs in China are covered.
- Lancaster University students are covered by LU’s Travel Insurance policy. Staff and members of the public may need to arrange their own insurance- please enquire with us and the University to find out more.
- You need to be studying- or have previously studied- Chinese with the Confucius Institute (either as part of a degree at Lancaster University, or on the Confucius Institute’s Extracurricular Language Classes).
- You need to have studied Chinese with the Confucius Institute for no less than 3 months or 40 hours, to be taken by the time of the trip. This is 2 term’s worth of the Extracurricular Classes.
- You cannot have already taken part in a trip organized by Hanban, e.g. Study Trip, Scholarship, etc.
People who are not currently eligible, but who will be eligible by the time of their trip are welcome to apply.
We ask for feedback in the form of a follow up report- an account of your experience on the trip! This can be as long or short as you want.
We have an Information Evening for the trip in November each year.
Please come along if you're interested, even if you can't join the upcoming trip.
Contact us to find out more!