Key research interests within this theme:
- Paul Ashwin: knowledge and curriculum in higher education; teaching and learning in higher education; students relations to knowledge in higher education; student engagement.
- Brett Bligh: learning spaces; collaborative learning.
- Ann-Marie Houghton: inclusive curriculum design; inclusive teaching, learning and assessment; embedding wellbeing in the curriculum.
- Carolyn Jackson: gendered constructions of student identities in higher education contexts.
- Natasa Lackovic: teaching and learning designs; multimodal learning designs; multimodal technologies in teaching and learning; multimodality of semiotics of teaching and learning engagement; students as creators; critical media literacies; critical multimodal and visual pedagogies.
- Lynn McAlpine: doctoral education and experience; supervisory practices; evidence-based doctoral policies.
- Jan McArthur: critical pedagogy; critical theory; assessment for social justice; dialogic feedback; disciplinary knowledge; socially-just pedagogical relationships.
- Paul Trowler: academic tribes and teaching approaches; enhancing learning, teaching and assessment; teaching and learning regimes.
- Mantz Yorke: student success, employability, assessment and retention.