Key research interests within this theme:
- Paul Ashwin: social practice approaches to researching learning and teaching in higher education
- Brett Bligh: Activity Theory; Change Laboratory research-interventions; roles of theories in research.
- Natasa Lackovic: academic and research practices; research methods via the lenses of socio-materiality; semiotic theory of learning, multimodality, and relational ontologies.
- Lynn McAlpine: career trajectories of post-PhD researchers in and outside the academy; research writing practices.
- Jan McArthur: effecting socially-just change in higher education; the social practices of assessment.
- Kayleigh Rosewell: Academics’ experiences of higher education, academic career trajectories and identities, work and family, gender and higher education.
- Murray Saunders: evaluation as a social practice; effects and impact as practice change.
- John Taylor: the history of higher education; history of academic practices.
- Paul Trowler: applying a sensibility for practices to the management of change.