Thursday 14 January 2021, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Open toAll Lancaster University (non-partner) students, Alumni, External Organisations, Postgraduates, Prospective Postgraduate Students, Public, Staff
RegistrationCost to attend - booking required
Registration due to open end of September 2020
This course aims to provide sufficient exposure and training to the participants concerning fundamental knowledge and skills in order to utilize LATEX, AMS-LATEX, and BibTEX for academic writing.
The skills to be earned will enable the participants to produce high-quality looking documents suitable for conference/journal publications.Managing the writing of an elaborate report such as an academic thesis using LATEX.
General Objectives: Being able to create documents in different classes such as report, book,article and presentations using LATEX Beamer.
- Learn how to create high-quality documents in LATEX.
- Be able to create high-quality presentations.
- Manage citations and references with bibliographies and bibliography styles.
- Create well formatted mathematical equations, algorithms, and proofs.
- Be able to import and layout graphics.
- Format number graphics, tables, and sections.
- Introduction to LATEX and TEX studio.
- Document Structureˆ Global Structureˆ LATEX Input Files
- Typesetting Text
- Text and Language Structure
- Line and Page Breaking
- Special Characters and Symbols
- International Language Support
- Titles, Chapters, Sections
- Cross References
- Font Styles, Sizes, Colors
- List Environments
- Mathematical Notation - AMS-LATEX
- Single Equations
- Building Blocks of a Mathematical formula
- Long Equations
- Multiple Equations
- Array and Matrices
- Theorems, Lemmas, proofs
- Verbatim Package
- Tables and Figures
- Beamer Presentation