Dr Nadia Mazza SFHEASenior Lecturer in Pure Mathematics
- Burnside rings and Mackey functors, and their applications in group theory.
- Finite and profinite groups, subgroup complexes.
- Modular representations of finite groups : endotrivial and endo-permutation modules, Dade group.
- Group cohomology.
- Fusion systems on finite p-groups and pro-fusion systems on pro-p groups.
More generally, I am interested in groups, mainly finite and profinite, their modular representations, and related topics.
- MATH142: Engineering Mathematics II
- MATH322: Rings, Fields and Polynomials
- Senior lecturer in mathematics.
- Group lead of the department Algebra & Geometry research group.
- Director of Studies Part II undergraduate.
Member of the London Mathematical Society, of the European Women in Mathematics and of the Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach.
Member of the London Mathematical Society Good Practice Steering Group.
Chair of Lancaster University Bee Keepers: http://wp.lancs.ac.uk/lubk/
PhD Supervision Interests
modular representation theory of finite, infinite discrete and profinite groups; (pro-)finite groups; subgroup lattices of finite groups; group cohomology; Burnside rings; (pro-)fusion systems and related topics.
host the LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meeting 2019 (additional funding)
01/09/2019 → 30/09/2019
Honey Bee Municipal Pesticide Exposure
01/08/2019 → 31/12/2020
Functor categories for groups
01/10/2017 → 31/12/2018
LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meeting.
01/01/1900 → …
London Mathematical Society (External organisation)
Membership of committee
Advances in Group Theory and Applications (Journal)
- Algebra and Geometry