Professor Nadia Mazza SFHEAProfessor in Pure Mathematics
- Burnside rings and Mackey functors, and their applications in group theory.
- Finite and profinite groups, subgroup complexes.
- Modular representations of finite groups : endotrivial and endo-permutation modules, Dade group.
- Group cohomology.
- Fusion systems on finite p-groups and pro-fusion systems on pro-p groups.
More generally, I am interested in groups, mainly finite and profinite, their modular representations, and related topics.
- MATH141: Engineering Mathematics I
- MAGIC073: Commutative algebra
- Professor in Pure Mathematics.
- Head of the Pure Maths Section.
- Research Theme lead of the department Algebra & Geometry research group.
- Group Lead.
- Former Athena Swan Co-Lead.
Member of the London Mathematical Society and of the Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach.
PhD Supervision Interests
I would be happy to supervise PhD students for a research project in modular representation theory of finite, infinite discrete and profinite groups and related topics (such as group cohomology), on Mackey functors and Burnside rings, or on (pro-)fusion systems and related topics.
Functor Categories for Groups Renewal
01/10/2023 → 30/09/2024
Explicit construction of endopermutation for small p-groups
03/07/2023 → 25/08/2023
Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research - Studentship
01/10/2022 → 30/09/2026
LMS Undergraduate Research Bursary - Hang Liu - The Class-breadth conjecture for finite p-groups with soft subgroups
01/07/2022 → 31/08/2022
Mackey Functors for Topological Groups
13/02/2022 → 19/02/2022
Functor Categories for Groups (Renewal) 2021 - 2023
01/10/2021 → 30/09/2022
Hausdorff Dimension Spectrum of Pro-p Groups
28/06/2021 → 20/08/2021
LMS - Research in Pairs (Prof Serge Bouc)
07/03/2021 → 31/07/2021
Coorganisation of LMS Online Lecture Series (see activities for an update)
01/09/2020 → 31/10/2020
host the LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meeting 2019 (additional funding)
01/09/2019 → 30/09/2019
Honey Bee Municipal Pesticide Exposure
01/08/2019 → 31/12/2020
LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meeting.
01/12/2018 → 30/09/2019
Functor categories for groups (LMS Grant Scheme 3)
01/10/2018 → 30/09/2023
Functor categories for groups
01/10/2017 → 31/12/2018
Internship Vinvent Malot, student at the Ecole Normale Superieure Rennes (France)
Types of External academic engagement - Hosting an academic visitor
London Mathematical Society (External organisation)
Membership of committee
Advances in Group Theory and Applications (Journal)
- Algebra and Geometry
- FST Sustainability Advisory Committee